Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Weddings

Honestly speaking, I have never been to a wedding that is different than the others.
All are pretty much - more or less - the same (including my own).
Not one has impressed me so far.
However, that is just an insight from a guest's point of view. Who cares what a guest thinks anyway?

But on the other side, I am sure a wedding will always be special to the people who are involved in it, like the brides, the grooms (hell yeah their weddings are VERY important for them, especially the brides), the parents, the best friends.the close friends. Right?
So after giving it a little thinking, I decided that I have to stop being so critical and skeptical about wedding celebrations.
After preparing my own wedding (which is a really really small one -no fuss, no muss) and looking back to all the preparations, I finally know that a wedding IS indeed special.

People who receive invitations might think "HAIYAA, another stupid wedding party again."
(and some even complain that they receive one and too many invitations because that means extra spending for them. LOL)
We can't stop people from thinking so because, again, they are not involved in it personally so why should they give a damn? Right?? Right!!!!

So here I am at two different weddings.
(Actually, I never dislike going to any of these parties because I love playing dressing up. LOL)

Photobucket

Wearing grey leopard shirt dress with pussy bow.
(Can you see the bow? I can't see it in the pictures. Where did it go?)
I was my sister's plus one that night. It's her friend's wedding.
My sister did my hair, making it look more voluminous. :)

Photobucket

An old dress from sometime around 2009.
My sister did my hair too, curling it with her old, lousy, half broken curling tongs.
It came out really nice though. Love it. This is exactly the kind of curls I've always wanted.
So now you know, if you want to have curls like this, the key is to use lousy curling tongs!!!
OK!!!

Photobucket

They had dessert table at this party.
Cupcakes, chocolate bars, chocolate lollipop, more and more chocolate candies.
And of course, they were all gone in matters of minutes. LOL.
The guests must have been too hungry waiting for the main course dinner, which started one and a half hour later than the time written on the invitation, as always.
(And that must be why most people are lazy going to weddings. It's always about waiting, waiting and more waiting).
Probably, Medanese should start a new way of feasting instead of following the old way.
When guests come, meals are served. No need to wait.

Photobucket

We were early so we could take pictures without people staring at us.
(And that's also another Medanese's problem. They stare)

Photobucket

My plus one that night :)

Photobucket

Probably - IF possible - one day later, I am going to start my own event organizer which offers people new way of celebrating their important events. This way, weddings will also look special to guests who attend them.
Do you think I am capable of doing so? LOL
I am just blabbering anyway.
I'm out of here. Bye.....

No comments:

Post a Comment