Popular Posts

Monday, October 10, 2011

Surround Me With Your Love

Let me introduce you to some of these young talented people ( A LOT younger than me, definitely - God, life is so unfair, they are so young and so awesomely talented!!!!) I enjoy to have had the opportunity to meet and work with. And this post is especially for our engagement portrait photographer. :)

A few months ago, we had our engagement portraits taken by a down-to-earth and super talented photographer, Juvenco Pelupessy from In.capture images.
He is still new in the business but his work is undoubtedly that of a professional. He is able to capture everything around him and turn it into a splendid piece of art.
HE IS JUST THE MAN!!!!
I really can't stop gushing about him to my friends and relatives. One of my cousins is getting married next year and I have been persuading her into using his service. Let's hope she will finally listen to my good words!!!
You can check his work here and here

For the white dress, I was thinking of wearing something different and unconventional. Juvenco actually suggested wearing something which is kinda very Vera Wang, you know, the princessy kind of dress, something like this :

Photobucket

I love this kind of gown. However, I have seen one and too many of similar dresses like this one. I want something bolder and different. I don't want anything in chiffon or organza. I want something in lace. Long-sleeved. Vintage. Backless.
To bring that all to life, there's only one man to go to : Hartono Gan. Meticulous, perfectionist, very fashion-conscious and updated, every quality you need in a fashion designer, he has it.
I asked him if he knew what Nicole Richie wore on her wedding day and I was preparing to give him the details and photos, but apparently he didn't need it. He nailed it just like that!!! Obviously, he stares and drools at fashion sites as often as I do too. When I went to his house for fitting, he was browsing Style.com!!!! LOL

So, when I first saw Nicole Richie's gown, I just knew that I wanted something like that.
Vintage.
If only I were as petite and slim as she is, I would have worn a turtle neck wedding gown too.
Well, my gown is not top notch the best the greatest bla bla bla, but it definitely lives up to my expectation. Love everything about it.
Well, actually if there's something I could change, I would like to have the sleeves embroidered more, with more lace, not with beads. I just hate beads on wedding gowns.
Hartono suggested using beads to give the dress more dramatic feel and I said NOOOOO............, no beads EVER on my dress!!!!
He suggested the second time and the third time and I refused the second time AND the third time. Thank God I didn't give in to his suggestion. Normally I would say yes if somebody persuades me, but that time I stood my ground.
AND I AM SO RELIEVED I DID!!!!! PHEWWWW!!!!

The make-up was done by an equally talented young Singaporean, Cleo Chang Wu Yin.
Well, I guess when people say that faith will bring us together, that's definitely true. I didn't know which photographer to use and when I saw Juven's work, I was like "BANG!!!! This is it. He's the one!!". When I found Cleo's website using Google search engine, it hit me like : "BANGGG!!! She IS SO the one."
Didn't hesitate and contacted them directly and everything was set.

AND...... of course I MUST be a snob and brag my photos!!!! Here are some of them :
(you can see more from Juvenco's blog and facebook page. Well, that if you feel like to, but if you don't feel like to, you must definitely be jealous of mine. LOL )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And, last but not least important, is this one :

Photobucket

Spell "the best" and here she is.

We use In.capture on our wedding day too. More pics to come.
That's all for now.... Ciao....

No comments:

Post a Comment